1/2/08

2004

2004

10. Woman is the Future of Man
(dir. Hong San-Soo)
9. Kill Bill: Volume 2 (dir. Quentin Tarantino)
8. Control Room (dir. Jehane Noujaim)
7. Million Dollar Baby (dir. Clint Eastwood)
6. House of Flying Daggers (dir. Zhang Yimou)

5. The Motorcycle Diaries (dir. Walter Salles)
I loved just "watching" this film. It's so damn beautiful. The whole thing about ignoring what Che did later doesn't bother me that much.
4. Mind Game (dir. Masaaki Yuasa)
It's simply one of the best animated films I've ever seen. Some would call it a trip where as I would call it an almost orgiastic celebration of the wonders of animation. You have to see it to believe it.
3. Before Sunset (dir. Richard Linklater)
People look at me weird for picking this over the original. But here's the reasons why. It's more mature, more interesting, the direction is more assured plus it has one of the best endings ever. I think that's enough reasons.
2. Maria Full of Grace (dir. Joshua Marston)
I have never cared more for a single character than I do for this one. I worried so much for this character. It's an incredible human story and for that I love it
1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (dir. Michel Gondry)
I remember reading the script for this year before it came out and being blown away. Then it came out... and I was blown away. One of the best movies ever made.

Unseen Movies

Moolade
Nobody Knows
3-Iron
The World
Notre Musique
Turtles Can Fly
Bad Education
Tropical Malady
Millions
Closer
Palindromes
Mysterious Skin
Kinsey
Vera Drake
10 on 10
Born Into Brothels
The Chorus
Downfall
Head-On
A Home At The End of the World
The Machinist
The Sea Inside
Primer
Undertow

No comments: