1/2/08

2003

2003

10. Bad Santa
(dir. Terry Zwigoff)
9. American Splendor (dir. Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini)
8. Touching The Void (dir. Kevin Macdonald)
7. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (dir. Peter Jackson)
6. Mystic River (dir. Clint Eastwood)

5. Kill Bill: Vol 1 (dir. Quentin Tarantino)
Probably one of the "funnest" movies I've ever seen. Every time I have a chance to watch it I jump on it.
4. Finding Nemo (dir. Andrew Stanton)
It's in the running for best Pixar movie and that's a lofty position to be in considering Pixar makes consistently great movies. Always.
3. Oldboy (Park Chan-Wook)
I remember watching this and thinking "where has this movie been all my life?" It's not afraid of going into the extremes of human nature to bring out some truth. Plus it's just damn fun.
2. All The Real Girls (dir. David Gordon Green)
I watched this movie probably 3 years ago because I had heard a lot of good things about it. Incredibly, I fell asleep through it. Some months ago I revisited the film and I was blown away. Such a simple film that's so utterly beautiful.
1. Lost In Translation (dir. Sofia Coppola)
I wonder how many times I've seen this movie. Something about it speaks to me so much that I can't stop anytime I start it. I saw this in the theater and it was one of those times when I thought "yes, I am watching a masterpiece."

Unseen Movies

Osama
Cafe Lumiere
Goodbye Dragon Inn
The Triplets of Belleville
Elephant
Last Life In The Universe
The Return
Big Fish
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
The Station Agent
The Barbarian Invasions
Capturing The Friedmans
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring
The Best of Youth
Saraband
The Fog of War
Dogville
Swimming Pool
I Capture The Castle
Thirteen
Coffee and Cigarrettes
Goodbye, Lenin!
The Cooler
The Dreamers
The Five Obstructions
The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi
Japanese Story
The Story of a Weeping Camel

No comments: