1/2/08

2000

2000

10. Before Night Falls
(dir. Julien Schnabel)
9. Wonder Boys (dir. Curtis Hanson)
8. Traffic (dir. Steven Soderbergh)
7. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (dir. Ang Lee)
6. You Can Count On Me (dir. Kenneth Lonergan)

5. In The Mood For Love (dir. Wong Kar Wai)
Hands down one of the most exquisite movies I've ever seen. Things don't get more beautiful more than this. Blog name.
4. Requiem For A Dream (dir. Darren Aronofski)
It transcends film into being an all-out attack at your senses. You will be changed after watching this movie.
3. Yi Yi (dir. Edward Yang)
A 3-hour film about the life and troubles of a single family. It's slow and deliberate and that's exactly why it works. Rarely does film help us make small dents against our imperfections.
2. High Fidelity (dir. Stephen Frears)
I've watched this movie so many times it's not even funny. I wonder how many times I've read the book as well. People who love lists just as much as I do! One of my faves.
1. Almost Famous (dir. Cameron Crowe)
The greatest teen film ever and it only really has one teenager. Oh yeah, it's also my favorite movie ever. I have seen this movie up to 10 times or more. I just do not get tired of it.

This is definitely one of my favorite years so far. It hurt leaving some movies off.

Unseen Movies

George Washington (!!!)
American Psycho (sort of)
Werckmeister Memories
Joint Security Area
Shadow of a Vampire
Quills
Dancer in the Dark
Eureka
Cast Away
Snatch

No comments: