1/2/08

1995

1995

10. Get Shorty
(dir. Barry Sonnenfeld)
9. Heat (dir. Michael Mann)
8. Se7en (dir. David Fincher)
7. Dead Man Walking (dir. Tim Robbins)
6. Kids (dir. Larry Clark)

5. The Usual Suspects (dir. Bryant Singer)
One of the earlier modern classics I saw. That's probably why it always stuck with me. The twist ending took me by surprise the first time I saw it and it's one of my favorite scenes.
4. Leaving Las Vegas (dir. Mike Figgis)
One of the most depressing movies I've ever seen but also one of the most courageously acted. Nicolas Cage gives his all and proves why he's a great actor. Tragic.
3. Before Sunrise (dir. Richard Linklater)
Simply one of the most romantic movies I've ever seen. The sequel is even better.
2. Toy Story (dir. John Lasseter)
It's a film that will live on through the ages. This will be a timeless classic comparable to the early disney films.
1. Whisper of the Heart (dir. Yoshifumi Kondo)
This is one of my favorite movies because I connect with it so much. I can't describe it anymore than that.

Unseen Movies
A Personal Journey With Martin Scorsese Through American Movies
12 Monkeys
Apollo 13
Fallen Angels
Love Letter
Memories
To Die For
Sense and Sensibility
Maborosi

No comments: